Friday, October 8, 2010

A Twisted World

A Twisted World by James McMorrow Jr. is an interesting description of what the world would be like if we replaced all of our politicians with celebrities. The essay was well detailed providing good emamples and very entertaining as well. The thought of hollywood becoming our nation capital would be the day that pigs fly. I found the list of celebrities portrayed as our new presidential party most interesting. Although personally I would most likely place a man suc as Denzel Washington or Alec Balwin as president as opposed to the obnoxious Tom Cruise. I was surprised at the amount of laws that McMorrow suggested would be changed. It is quite inevitable that the obvious hollywood scene of marijuana and plastic surgury would be legal and in demand, the laws of DUI's being reduced and being forced to own an adopted child did not enlighten me. I disagree with the authors point and believe familes should have a choice to adopt or not to adopt, regardless of the cost. I also feel as though DUI's would increase more than drop and would need to be taken more seriously. Overall, however, I feel this essay was one of the more intriguing I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment